1. New book launching in 2017? Are you thinking about a book trailer? Do you worry that you don't have the knowledge or expertise to do a great job? Check out this post by Therese Walsh, editor of Writer Unboxed (a stellar blog to follow, BTW) http://writerunboxed.com/2016/12/06/how-to-use-fiverr-to-create-a-book-trailer/
She shares about Fiverr, an amazing resource for all kinds of creative talent that you can contract inexpensively to do what you need done (critiques, logos, book trailers, etc.). Put Fiverr in your quivver of How To Get Stuff Done Without Doing It All Yourself.
2. Manuscript Wish List: if you are a cool kid, you already know about #MSWL and derivitives of it like #MSWL MG and #MSWL PB, but do you know about the Manuscript Wishlist website? What a treasure trove for querying and subbing. Book contracts are all about making the right match at the right time so check this site often.
Content Curation is the act of discovering, gathering, and presenting digital content that surrounds specific subject matter. - econtent.com
Okay. Since this is #givingTuesday, how 'bout I give you some fresh, interesting children's book industry info? And how 'bout I do this each week? Let's try it!
1. Ripple Grove Press Founder and President, Rob Broder, offers some thoughts about what he's found, and not found, in his inbox since their origin in 2013. (P.S. it appears rhyming is NOT a sweet spot). This is interesting info about RGP, but also a cautionary tale for subbing in general. UPDATE: Mr. Broder reached out to assure me that RGP does not NOT like rhyming. Good rhyming works just fine.
2. Chuck Sambuchino at Writers Digest has nicely curated (see what I did there?) agents looking for manuscripts about diverse topics or by diverse voices via Twitter. Thank you, Chuck!
3. Dan Blank, an industry expert, posts on Writer Unboxed about what editors and agents really want. The headings alone are worth emblazoning on a sticky note.
Hope there's something here that resonates! If so, let me know.
Carrie Pearson is a children's book author, writer-cheerleader, and mentorship matchmaker.